Lilbourne Lad: his yearling Mastercraftsman half-sister is lot 170PICTURE: Patrick McCann (racingpost.com/photos)
Sister to Teofilo among 520 in Goffs February
GOFFS opens its auction year today with this two-day sale, which offers a selection of mares, flat and jumps-bred yearlings, horses in training and two-year-olds.
At 520 lots, this year's catalogue is 26 per cent bigger than the 2011 edition. It is the final winter mixed auction of the 2011 - 2012 season hosted by a major salescompany and hopes will be high that the positive trend seen throughout the winter at other auctions will be maintained.
Jim Bolger's drafts provided the highlights of Goffs' foal and breeding stock sales, with Banimpire making €2.3 million, and his two offerings at this sale, which includes a sister to Teofilo, could light up trade at the Kill venue again.
Potential box-office lots:
101) b f High Chaparral- Noble Pearl; yearling three-parts sister to Listed winner and top-class jumper Noble Prince, out of a Group 1-winning two-year-old
170) b f Mastercraftsman - Sogno Verde; half-sister to last season's Railway Stakes hero Lilbourne Lad
210) b c Mastercraftsman - Ziffany; by a top miler and a half-brother to a top miler in Lockinge Stakes runner-up Majors Cast as well as Group 3-winning sprinter Jessica's Dream
414) Soliya; Grade 2-placed hurdlerwho is a half-sister to high-class French jumper Solix
415) Teo's Sister; winning sister to champion two-year-old and exciting sire Teofilo
Sales results 2011: 209 horses (61%) were sold for a total of €1,825,900, average of €8,736 and median of €5,000.